This definition, from the 1997 document 'Islamophobia: A Challenge For Us All' is widely accepted, including by the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia.
The eight components are:
1) Islam is seen as a monolithic bloc, static and unresponsive to change.
True. Islam IS a monolithic bloc, static and unresponsive to change.
2) Islam is seen as separate and 'other'. It does not have values in common with other cultures, is not affected by them and does not influence them.
Partly true. Islam is separatist and 'other'. Islam does not share the values in common with other cultures. Islam does have a deleterious effect on other cultures. Islam influences other cultures through terrorism and brutality and other immoral, unethical and inhuman behaviours.
3) Islam is seen as inferior to the West. It is seen as barbaric, irrational, primitive and sexist.
True. Islam by its very nature, is endemically and inherently irrational, primitive and sexist.
4) Islam is seen as violent, aggressive, threatening, supportive of terrorism and engaged in a 'clash of civilisations'.
True. Islam is violent, aggressive, threatening, supportive of terrorism and engaged in an self admitted intention of Global totalitarian conquest, through any means possible.
5) Islam is seen as a political ideology and is used for political or military advantage.
True. Islam is a political ideology, in the same category as Fascist Nazism. Islam is used for political and military advantage.
6) Criticisms made of the West by Islam are rejected out of hand.
False. The west is currently bending over backwards to appease Islam in an insane reverse discrimination backed by hypocritical left wing apologetics, anti western racism and xenophobia.
7) Hostility towards Islam is used to justify discriminatory practices towards Muslims and exclusion of Muslims from mainstream society.
False. Read above.
8) Anti-Muslim hostility is seen as natural or normal.
False. Opposition to "Islam" is seen as natural and normal.
So what we have here above is an example of Islamic reverse discrimination, where the victim becomes the criminal and the criminal becomes the victim.
In reality, Islam is a brutal, totalitarian ideology which has absolutely no place in a modern western society or culture. A legitimate and righteous concern for preventing the spread of Islam ought to be the responsibility for any rational human being that loves and appreciates liberty and freedom and opposes oppression and abuse.
Opposition and resistence of Islam is opposition and resitance to a dangerous and toxic ideology.
The only phobia present here, is freedomophobia, by the power elite.